View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ATime4Change

I finall want to try!

Hello Everyone,

I found this site by accident just looking for help through Google.

Many years ago I started going to Happy Hour after work on Fridays. Eventually it was Wednesday and Friday. Now, many years later, it is 7 days a week And while I used to have a couple of beers, it is now not unusual for me to drink 3 pitchers by myself over a 3 hour period. It doesnt make me falling down drunk but it affects how I feel every day. I wake up exhausted. I have no energy and all I think about is how close it is to 4:00 so I can go to my watering hole, see all of my friends, and start drinking.

I want to stop. I am scarred to stop. It is my social life. I am not naieve enough to think I could still go and visit my friends and drink soft drinks. I have wondered if I could revert to my original ways and only go on Fridays. I doubt that would work either.

Whenever I go one who day without beer, which I do once in awhile, I always wake up cold and soaking wet. It doesn't happen when I drink.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and I am giving this my best shot. I need to do it for my family. I want to be around awhile.

Thanks for reading....