Old 01-22-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Good to see you Goat.
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
You know what most guys want for a date, though... they want a ditzy easy girl, not someone who will stimulate them intellectually.

Gneiss is is a better position because she's already surrounded by more intellectually-aware males.

I was always in the same boat... the girls wanted the box of rocks with a nice haircut a stubbly chin and a degree in business (if anything at all). Not the hairy, leather-clad dude who talked about science and philosophy.

In the end I refused to change myself for them, and I'm very happy about that. I figure, let the ditzes have each other. I'll find someone worthwhile.

-Goat
You are so right on about Gneiss being in a better situation. When I studied Computer Science less than ten years ago, I was literally the only girl in all of my courses outside of CompSci 101. Things have really changed according to industry magazines and my friends in that field. Not great, but much better.

I'm so glad to hear you refused to change yourself. One of my dear male friends is also a hairy, leather-clad dude who talks about science and philosophy.

Okay, time to get off the board. My plugged ear is acting up again, and now its making me sick to my stomach. If I ended up with an infection while waiting for the ear wax softening drops to work, I'll be so angry!