View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Lol chineese whispers;-)

Your title makes me think of something i said to my sponsor when i did step 9, ok there was this amend that i thought might land me in prison and at the time i was single when doing step 9...i read the BB, then re-read it and said to my sponsor hold on a minute here if i had a GF and a kid then i could talk to them and say i am thinking of doing this amend and it might send me to prison and will take food out of the babys mouth should i make it or keep quiet...i mean what's she going to say???? So i said to my sponsor can we put this amend in the lateer column and ill go and find some woman in th next few week get her up the duff and then ask her if i should make the amend...the loop hole...

He called me a **** and said to make the ******* amend...his words not mine lol so i did...after a week of stalling!

Seriously though i know a guy who did all this, asked his family and he didn't make his amend...was sober for 6 years, drank again, made the amend, did 6 months in prison, came out and has been sober ever since, got a new wife, a new career and, so he says, a life beyond his wildest dreams and said he wouldn't give a penny for the 6 years he wasted and the sobriety he had before...

I guess, for me, if you skip an amend that you know you should make...give it a day, a month, a year, a decade at some point john barleycorn and you wiill meet up again...unless you die first i guess...

Oh and my amend that was to land me in prison turns out that it was all forgotten and i had been worying about nothing for 7 years...but i was willing to go to any length so all good here...

get a sponsor! kidding hehe