Old 01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
louis

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Hi ans welcome to SR

My friends were all drinking buddies and wen i decided to quit drinking they were alot like you describe... they kept offering me drinks and then it seemed like they expected me to fail....

I have heard here before and through others... that my friends may not want to admit i have a problem... because they drank along with me... and they might well have to look at there own drinking....
So if i would only behave and get back to drinking the same as them then they would have nothing to worry about...

I have a whole new group of friends now... sober friends.... i dont ignore my old drinking buddies... but we dont really have much in common...

I really hurt my best friend while drinking.... we are still not totally sorted... but i am hoping my commitment to my sobriety will prove my sincere desire to change...
They had constantly heard me promise i wouldnt drink... and i promised time and time again that i would choose my friends over alcohol... but alcohol always won out...

I cant be sure we will ever get our friendship back to where it was... but i need to sort myself out and as i said... hopefully along the way my friend will see the new and improved me...

Good luck and look after yourself