Old 01-17-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Fubarcdn
Resident

To those hoping to meet someone special I just want to relate a story so don't freak out on me for it.
One of my good friends lost his wife to cancer in his mid 40's and like many married young (18) and had limited dating experience. He didn't want to do the bar thing and had little other social networking activities like church or whatever.
I remember him telling me he was going to try internet dating and me thinking but not saying Wow what a loser. If that is your thoughts on that it is quite common. He thought the same way but said " I have to try something I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life."
He said it was awkward at first but he ended up meeting someone, after a few less than satisfying tries, and has been married to a nice woman for over 5 years.
My sister-in-law is in the same boat at 60 and although she hasn't met anyone yet she is trying and hopeful.
I am not advocating it and if I am in that position I don't know if I would go out of my comfort zone and try it. All I am saying is it may be something that you may want to consider. Even if you don't meet "the One' you may make some new friends and expand your social circles.

As for me, my wife does not allow me to date.