Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forever4you

I know this has been a very difficult time for you and your daughter and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

As has already been pointed out, unless someone lives in the DAY to DAY life with an active alcoholic they have absolutely no idea what those of us who live with an active A go through. That includes Mom's, Dad's, Siblings, Friends, Co-Workers. I mean they truly HAVE NO IDEA! Others may know the person is an alcoholic. They may pity them. They may worry for them. But until someone has endured what so many of us do in daily life with an A they simply cannot understand. Ignore the ignorance for what it is......ignorance on the part of someone who simply has no clue.

Suicide is a horrible thing to deal with whether alcoholism had anything to do with it or not. You must remind yourself everyday that you are NOT responsible for his death. The problems that lead to someone taking their own life are deep, dark, and belong only to that individual. No one causes another human being to take their own life. EVER. PERIOD. There is help out there for alcoholism, depression, anxiety, and all sorts of mental and physical diseases if the person chooses to seek that help. There is help to prevent suicide. But as with anything, the individual must be willing to get help.

Take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest. We are all here for you. Many prayers.