View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

Originally Posted by eyemitalian0312 View Post
He believes this will hamper my ability to have conscience contact with God, making me have an "I don't care attitude". I will say I have also thought of this as well. He also stated that his belief is based on others he is sponsoring and there inability to remain sober because they are on meds. I think this is being rather judgmental, but maybe his experience has shown him differently. He seems to be stating this as fact, rather than opinion as he is not a doctor.
I will never knock having a sponsor cuz I had one who was my lifeline. What bothers me is when sponsoring is based on their experience with the "majority" as opposed to an individual.

You are your own unique person. Because he sponsored other people who couldn't remain sober because they were on meds does not justify him putting you into that same category.

Also, how do you know that his other sponsees' meds are an apple-to-apple comparison to yours?

IMO, his "experience with others" should not make you do something that may not be appropriate or in the best interest for YOU (ie, go off your meds so your conscious contact with God isn't hampered...who's to say it would be if you stayed on them)?

You're right he's not a doctor - I'd keep this between you and your physician - just my humble opinion...take care