View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
isurvived

Son has gotten himself yet another DWI!

My older son is now on his 3rd DWI. (OWI) Unbelievable!
I guess this happened in December. I've had no contact with him for several months (my decision).

The last one he got was in the Spring of 09. He was ordered by the court to attend an alcohol evaluation, and follow up with any recommended treatment. Also, a hefty fine - which he has not paid, and ordered not to consume any alcohol or substances without a doctors order.

His driver's license was also revoked for a year.

He drove anyway. He drank anyway.

He was to appear in court last week. He didn't show. Instead, he's decided to move away to another state. He thinks he can start over somewhere else. Little does he know that any legal job he might apply for will result in this information coming to the surface. It's called the "geographical cure" - if I recall the right term.

He's only 26. Got a hard life ahead of him. He believes it is the system against him... more specifically - the state we live in.

I feel bad, as it's just another sad chapter to his life... not what I, his mom, had envisioned for him at all. Such a waste, as he was a great little kid, so much potential... but the alcohol took over and it's got a iron grip on him.

I wonder what is next... but I am trying not to wonder what is next. Not in my control.