View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by blackbirdsing View Post
I've been reading a lot about the law of attraction and listening to some lectures from Abraham Hicks, they speak in depth about feelings indicating whether or not you are aligned w/ the spirit, and ways to align your thoughts with what you want to attract to your life. Coming from this standpoint the idea of loving your addiction makes a lot of sense to me.
He talks much about "you get what you think about whether you like it or not" I have been mindful about that when a thought creeps in to my head that, at some point, I will have a craving. When I walk around the supermarket I am saying "I don't drink, I don't drink, I don't drink" rather than "drink is everywhere, it is so tempting.

I think I might just have to join you and put that quote somewhere I can see it everyday, reading it just now I felt a little of the weight lift from my shoulders.
It's a beautiful quote and it is now on my fridge.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share : ) Let's keep this thread going!
You really are welcome and as I said I thank you because it has given me much to think about today. And that is another day sober.