View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS ON TWO MONTHS! That's one hell of an accomplishment!

For starters, I would make another appt with your doctor, tell him you want a full panel of blood work done. You have a right to ask for that. If everything comes back ok, then maybe you should consider that you have a true anxiety disorder. I agree that all of us have some level of anxiety, hell, babies have anxiety! lol But some people have true, anxiety disorders. There's no shame in that whatsoever. I am not a doctor (though I self medicated for years like I was. lol) but the symptoms you're describing are the exact same that my Mom had when she was having an anxiety attack. She swore up and down that it just couldn't be anxiety, was admitted to the hospital and had every test known to man ran. Anxiety. I've had anxiety attacks in the past and swore that there was something else wrong.

You could also have blood sugar issues, there's so many different things it could be. Do you drink a lot of caffeine? Maybe it's possible that the alcohol overroad the effects of caffeine and now, w/out alcohol, the caffeine is kicking your butt. I could sit and make a thousand guesses, but please, just get to the doctor again. If he doesn't look into things more for you, find another doctor. That is your right!

Like others have shared, it took us a long time to get to the point we were at the day we quit using, so it's going to take time to get back to feeling good again.

Again, Congratulations on Two Months!

God Bless,
Judy