View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Horselover

Welcome to SR Smiley and congratulations on your sober time.

I would guess having pancreatitis would be a VERY good reason in remaining sober. I would try to identify where the triggers are coming from or why they are coming and then try to work on those specifically.

If recovery was easy for the first sober 100 days then that's great, but it is not a ride we can take the passenger seat on. We have to be active about our recovery. If you need a face to face group then I would definitely get into that. You would then have people to call if you can't fight off the urges yourself and the meetings would be a place for you to address your concerns as well. SR is great and has been my resources, but some need more then that. Be honest about your needs.

Do you have a lot of free time on your hands right now? Maybe get involved in a volunteer situation. Giving back will help aid your recovery. I am wanting to get back into that myself.

Eventually you will notice that even if you have urges it won't be the end of the world. You gain strength by not giving into the urge. I go for a walk or engage my son or anything to get my mind on something else. The urge does pass.