View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ghostgirl

my last drink was dec. 31, 2009. i didn't even ring in the new year with one; i promised myself that i'd do 2010 sober. i was with my family, and everyone drinks, some pretty heavily (count me a heavy drinker, too). when new year's day came around, that afternoon my stepdad called me and wanted to know if i would be coming over to see my brother and sister in law. (they came in from another town, and weren't able to make it new years eve). i told him i hadn't planned on it, but when i spoke with my sister in law she was sounded so disappointed, so after dinner i took my daughter and myself over to spend time with the family. we love to get together... as my daughter has said, we are party people. i just have to learn to do it sober now. i'm glad i went, and although all of the adults were drinking, i did not.
i chose the first of the year because i knew that there would be so much drinking over the holidays... really, from halloween (yes, there's a party for that!!) through new year's eve. i figured i may need some sober time under my belt before i could hang at any more family parties and not drink.
so here i am... again!!
people here are so supportive... i am so grateful.