View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
lauraandersen4
Focus

LOL Dee... Your post made me laugh but I really think some of these things aren't caused by alcohol. I have tried to stop for given period of time... but I've put limits on it anticipating that limit the entire time (a week...never longer) then I go back to daily drinking promptly patting myself on the back for being able to stay away for a week.

Tyler... when I first came here I downplayed not only the rate/amount of alcohol I drank, but also the impact but I figure now, not many people here know me. I haven't met anyone here in person so what would I gain from continuing playing games.

I'm very black and white and I think as long as I don't fit your stereotypical 'alcoholic' I'm not truly and alcoholic. People share their stories telling me that I don't have to 'live on the streets or lose a job etc as they have"... all that really says to me is back up the train girl! You aren't there yet! I could ride that 'yet' out forever because when I stop for a week, aside from anticipation of the end of the week and an inability to sleep (which I struggle with even without lack of alcohol) any discomfort from stopping is mild to mild-moderate and doesn't impact my life much. I'm only going on 30 and only have been drinking since 21 and only heavily and more daily for the past 3 years. I still ENJOY alcohol. I don't need it to sustain me physically. Many 'alcoholics' from my understanding start YOUNG. That isn't me either. How many 'alcoholics' do you know that started drinking in their early 20s after their neuro circuit was completely developed?