Thread: Plz...help
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
tigger11

MEH - it's quite obvious that there is a lot of concern and experience here.

A very similar thing happened to me at the beginning of November. It was through the advice of the amazing people on this forum that I left in a big hurry one Sunday afternoon, and had the support of a forum person on the phone with me as I left (thank you, Dear). Because I hadn't prepared myself, I had to go through a bunch of unnecessary things to get my "stuff".

My experience wasn't quite as threatening physically as yours, but the potential for violence was absolutely there, as it is for you. I stayed in a DV shelter for a couple of weeks, then with a friend for a couple more before I got an Order of Protection and moved back to my house.

I urge you not only to prepare to leave in a hurry, but to arm yourself as best you can. This man is terribly unstable, and you and your daughter are potentially in GREAT DANGER; anything from being hit to being killed. Please take this seriously. And please stop worrying about him, and start making sure YOU are SAFE.

If you'd like to talk to a real voice, please PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

I'm afraid for you. Please call the DV hotline and/or somebody on SR. PLEASE!

-Tigger