View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
shaun00

Originally Posted by NightStalker View Post
When I stop drinking, I can't sleep much at all for the first week or so. I can't get any real restful sleep. I lie in bed, but my mind races constantly and I have incredibly vivid dreams. When I DO sleep, I usually wake up every hour on the hour with severe panic attacks. I'm hyper-aware of my heart rate, and think my heart is going to seize up at any moment. I often have to get up, and it takes awhile to calm down and go back to sleep. Then, I wake up in an hour or so with it happening all over again.

After the first week the panic attacks and sleeplessness go away, and I sleep a lot. I can easily sleep 10+ hours. More, if I didn't have to get up for work.

How has sobriety affected your sleep patterns?
lol.........that reminded me of the first time i could remember when i slept for 13 hours probably after 2 weeks of little/none...after detox.

it meant so much to me.........the first real sleep.........not alcohol induced or valium induced.....
dont know about you but when drinking id pass out for hours and hours but always woke feeling tired..

i still get bits of insomnia.........but in the main i sleep good...grabbing 8/9 hours at a time...
it became balanced at around 4 months i guess.

shaun.