View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 02:14 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Malcolms

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
Wow, Malcolms, good for you! Telling people was a huge stumbling block for me (still is!). Sadly, I don't think I have any "friends" who would understand and not look at me as if I had Ebola, but maybe that's my paranoia. In recovery circles, of course I am OK with it, but outside? Hmmm. How fantastic that you have such a good friend, who can be supportive of you! I've got my recovery friends and then my "other" ones. I will say that the "other" ones have noticed how "happy and well" I appear. Makes me wonder how I used to "look and appear".....

Hope you feel better, Mirage and Hi to Nands and Square! Loved them pumpkins, Nands!
You might be surprised. I wouldn't exactly put it on my facebook page, but if you have any friends that you think you can trust, they might react better than you think. I have one good friend I trusted telling. The rest, for now, I'm going to only tell what I need to, but telling one person made me feel a lot better.

Square, I'm on day 4 myself, so I will just wish you luck and tell you to read lots of SR. Its quite eye-opening. I have my first AA meeting tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

Ananda, sorry about the nausea. But congrats on making it out in that cold! Its 30 here and I'm a total wuss about it.

Carol, thanks for the topic. Thats a great sentiment. Why am I ready for a turning point now? I've been in worse spots. Yet, I believe I want one. I believe I am done.

Anna, thanks for the encouragement. Always helps to have someone positive around. I feel positive today. Maybe I'm just having weird mood swings though...