Thread: advice PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:08 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
daphne

[QUOTE=daphne;2478241][QUOTE=daphne;2478231]
Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
I'll throw in another two or ten cents:

I would definitetly start with that doctor visit asap and find out what is going on with your liver. That is a big priority! Speak with your doctor honestly about your drinking.
Hi guys
I have thanks to the posts on here, made an appt with doc tomorrow for bloods and rescheduled my consultant appt (Feb was earliest)
I have actually a good relationship with my doctor. I have been honest with him (mainly) I drink between 30-50 units a week on average. This is above the recommended levels but not THAT excessive.
My liver enzyme was elevated to 750 (should be 50) has fluctuated over the few years I have been tested. I have no known major liver conditions (been tested for the lot).Last year a scan showed no inflamation or chirrosis and was healthy.
I was advised initially to drink within safe limits. I did this for while made no difference to results. I was then told to cut out all drink. Did this for 6 weeks but ALSO led the life of a saint. Ate the healthiest diet with no processed food, no meat ,organic food, herbal tea no caffiene etc etc Also did exercise. The results of the liver bloods after 6 weeks of this were slightly worse!! So I thought **** this and reverted back to my normal drinking.
In that 6 weeks I had no physical reactions to not drinking ( I am not physically dependant) and TBH I did not crave it as much as thought, but my life was "boring" without it. I missed the feeling of being mellow and the banter/chat you get in drinking company. The sense of occassion alcohol brings. I was stressed out in those 6 weeks and in the end it did not help my liver anyway !