Old 01-05-2010, 12:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sunset2000
Sober Date 12/21/09

Thank you all so much for your support and thank you also to "ClayTheWriter" who joined me in the Crisis Lounge when I was crying over this initially and was tempted to drink. Thank you all so much, I can't tell you how much it helped me and how much it helped going to this event with "an army" behind me. :-)

I got there late but the host told me that she mentioned the situation to a few other regulars before anyone else got there and they absolutely agreed with me. When A-hole and his wife showed up she told me not a word was said.

I sat down next to the wife initially. I said "hi" put on my headphones and just played my game. At the final table guess who I was assigned to sit next to? You got it, A-hole to my left and wifey to my right. Again, I just listened to my music, tuned out his obnoxiousness and played my game. He made a bone head call against another player and went out just out of the money. Then I took wifey out and that put ME in the money! Weeee. Good times. It was very satisfying.

Anyway, I'm really glad I had the strength to go and show them I don't back down to threats or really even give a damn. And I was never tempted to drink either, and I'm still not.

In a weird way it encourages me to stay sober even more, because if I was still drinking and acting a fool it would just give them more ammunition. As it stands now, I believe I handled myself with class and dignity and I AM very proud of myself. :-)

Thanks, Lion. You rock, too! Kisses to all.....