View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

I went on a date

Everyone tells me what a great guy he is. Stable career, no drinking, no smoking, respected in his community and handsome!

We went out to dinner Saturday night for our first date. We met at the restaurant and ran into old friends of his and they joined us for dinner. I listened and learned a lot about their lives over the last 10+ years.

We came back to my apt after dinner and I introduced him to my children and the dog.

I invited him back into our home Sunday evening for dinner and a movie. We had a nice time.

BUT, there's this thing....

After our first date, he talked about our future and how we would be married before his next career move. I thought that was really funny! I told him he did not know me well, because I planned to never marry again. It was funny at the time, but it happened again last night. I mentioned AGAIN that I am here temporarily and my job will be moving me away in the next 2 years. He joked that he would just have to retire and move with me.

There is a physical attraction between us, yes. We have kissed, yes. But marriage and committment talk 48 hours after our first meeting? really?

I didn't know I would need to put up boundaries already and that concerns me. I told him last night that I had 3 priorities in my life: myself, my children and then my career. I told him I was not interested in reshuffling the deck to put him into the top 3. He said he accepted 4th place. " Now when can I see you again?"

My schedule is busy the next 5 days with work and my day off is filled with appointments so I told him I would be available for a date again on Friday. He has already called me to see if I've changed my mind and want him to come over tonight. I laughed and said "Nope, I got your number and know how to reach you if I change my mind."

I think my man picker is still broken.....