View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:36 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
mirage

ND...good to hear things are going so well! So happy for you!
TB..good for you on 2 weeks! I know you're feeling down right now, but what you said about drinking being painful, too, really struck a chord with me.

This last little spurt of drinking I did really showed me how painful it is. It just doesn't feel good anymore...it changed for me some time when I wasn't looking. I almost feel like I wanted to make sure my drinking had crossed that line, and it has. Granted, this memory is fresh to me now, but I'm really gonna try to hang on to it.

In addition to that realization, my other is that I'm spiritually bankrupt. I was reading something in a book...questions about my drinking. One of the questions was "do you feel like there's a hole in your spirit and you're trying to fill it?" Um...yes. I've never had any sort of spirituality in my life, and I'm thinking maybe I need it. I've heard something about the importance of having balance with the 3 parts of our lives...the physical, emotional, and spiritual. Well, those are not in balance, as I have no spiritual aspect to me at all. Not sure how I'm gonna get it, but that's another story. Anyway..thanks for letting me ramble. I plan on leaning on you guys for a bit..hope that's ok.