View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
LauraS

How wonderful to read these posts from newbies and old-timers alike! It's the morning of Day 4 for me and I'm starting to feel good again. Withdrawal for me is minor but I've had lots of digestive issues, insomnia, and brain-fog. Day 2 I had a lot of sweating and, yes, I am craving sweets.

Last night we had company over; two other couples. One of the guests was a very good friend who has been sober herself now for several months. When I started this journey myself a year ago I had fervently wished for her to get into recovery, and now she is and I am starting over. It was good to have someone else there who sipped on n/a drinks all night.

I did have a couple of moments of brief temptation, but I let them go, and it was fine. This morning I have a clear head, but my husband is still asleep and snoring beside me. He drank several beers.

Well, that is the report for now. I am so happy to see so many people tossing their hats into this ring for renewed commitment this year. What an awesome group!