Thread: Detox @ Home?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Kellye C

Nevertheless, while I see your point I have to say that I found enough reasons on my own every day to put off quitting. I didn't quit until there was absolutely no other alternative for me.

By the time I got to that point I just wanted it over with. I had already wasted too much time trying to do things my way. I had tried tapering, changing what I drank, vowing to myself every morning that today was the day I quit, etc. Like you I did detox at home before coming to SR so I had no clue how dangerous it could be but even so, I was so close to liver and kidney shutdown that it had to be done. I can't say if reading these threads would have changed a thing other than to at least give me and my mom an idea of what to look out for. I just don't know. But now that I do know how dangerous it can be I feel that I have an obligation to point it out. I have no control over what the other person does with the information. If they use it as an excuse to keep drinking then I guess they may not have been done yet but if I don't say something and they die, then I couldn't live with that burden.

Take care,
Kellye