Old 01-02-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hunny1116

I am new here....and my story is no different..

Hi....and, again thank you all for being here. I get up each morning with a cup of coffee and have started reading this board every day. I have always felt so alone in my problems...I have not found anyone who truly understood until now.

My son was introduced to pot, pills, and booze by my ex (his dad) when he was about 13 years old, and they abused drugs and alcohol together since then. He is now 32. When his dad died of a drug overdose 3 years ago, my son descended into a drug world I could never have imagined. He has been addicted to crack, heroin, oxy, and God only knows what else. He has been in drug treatment twice at different places.

My husband (his stepfather) and I have tried over the years to "help" him with money, vehicles, and a place to live only to be used for what he could get from us and then discarded in favor of his drugs. When he called and asked if he could spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with our family, I felt sorry for him and said, "Yes." When we picked him up, he smelled like a garbage can and was "dope sick."

We brought him back Christmas Day even though he said he was getting evicted from his apartment for not paying the rent. It was obvious he had been using while staying with us. He called me twice today (Jan 2) and I didn't answer the telephone. I just don't trust myself....which is why I keep coming back here.