Thread: Enough
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 05:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Welcome to SR, Umbrella. Sorry 2010 is starting off this way for you. Addiction is progressive and will only get worse over time if the addict is not working their recovery.
Read all the sticky posts and learn all you can about addiction, so you'll know what you're up against. This sticky post helped me so much when I first got here....

What Addicts Do

My name's Jon. I'm an addict. And this is what addicts do. You cannot nor will not change my behavior. You cannot make me treat you better, let alone with any respect. All I care about, all I think about, is my needs and how to go about fufilling them. You are a tool to me, something to use. When I say I love you I am lying through my teeth, because love is impossible for someone in active addiction. I wouldn't be using if I loved myself, and since I don't, I cannot love you.

My feelings are so pushed down and numbed by my drugs that I could be considered sociopathic. I have no empathy for you or anyone else. It doesn't faze me that I hurt you, leave you hungry, lie to you, cheat on you and steal from you.

My behavior cannot and will not change until i make a decison to stop using/drinking and then follow it up with a plan of action.

And until I make that decsion, I will hurt you again and again and again.

Stop being surprised.

I am an addict. And that's what addicts do.