View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2stop
~Author of My Life~

I know it's hard at first. Really togh..but you get through it once..you don't have to go back. JUts today, just the next hour..is all you have to get through. Moment by moment, taking that next step.

What I had to do was make a pro and con list and as truthfully as I could I listed what the pills did for me, and what they took away.

Then I had to want it more than I needed it...and be willing to do anything, feel any pain and discomfort to get through the withdrawals. There is so much peace and serenity after getting through the withdrawals and working your recovery. You can go to NA, friends, church fmaily, whatever supports you the best, there are many recovery programs. SMART is one. I use a spiritual based program that comes from accumplated knowledge over the years. Potpourri program I guess you would call it. LOL...The post I made you earlier about HEAL and the Marine motto of Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome helped me alot. Alot of improvising at first!

Hang in there, keep posting. Maybe call the NA hotline..always someone to talk to there who understands.

((((((((((Warm, Supportive Hugs))))))))))))
Attached Images
File Type: gif
fl19.gif (2.1 KB, 88 views)