Thread: Enough
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kassie2

What do you want to do?

Where physical assault occurs it is customary to seek alternative living arrangements for a short time at the very least.

You must realize you made a mistake so think before making another one. This is reality of marriage with an addict - negativity and anger go with it. Worry about yourself first and let him take care of himself.

Please hear this from someone who's husband asked for a divorce three weeks into the marriage -I have two applications for a divorce and we have only been married for three years. My husband in in recovery - or rather he just doesn't drink but we are separated b/c he couldn't stop while living under the same roof. Even w/o alcohol he has difficulty managing his anger and other emotions maturely.

Go to alanon and get support for yourself. It is not uncommon to go through what you are experiencing. some get better with tx some still separate.

I feel for you - someone else here said what I repeated at many alanon meetings early on in my marriage - the dreams die the hardest.

Keep talking here and read some of the material on boundary setting and self protection.