View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SadButHopeful

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
What a life. This is why the women in the US made alcohol illegal in the early 1900's. They saw how badly their husbands behaved.

At least we can leave them now without so much social stigma.

I'm sorry, I hope you get some relief. Why don't you hire a babysitter and take tomorrow night off? Go to the hot tubs!
Are you serious about the prohibition thing???

My mom is on vacation this week and she's going to help me out, thank God!

Originally Posted by mentallyexh View Post
....Even when he wasn't drinking, he was in the room, watching TV while I did everything. I tried the whole idea of detaching etc....but I have to be honest, when I got married that life was not what I signed up for. I expect that my husband pick up his share of the duties/burdens....his disease/problem should not cause my life to be an absolute h***. I didn't deserve how he treated me or deserve the inner turmoil that I felt everyday. .......
Same here. Even when he's not drinking, I'm doing most of the work.

I've been thinking along these lines lately. Yesterday was our 8th anniversary, and it didn't bring me much joy. When I got married, I thought, WE thought, he would be the provider and I would be a SAHM. Well I ended up being a SAHM for most of the time, but we've always had some assistance from my FIL because my husband couldn't seem to make enough money, or didn't work at all. Every time, I just thought it would pass and believed everything he said.

So now, "we" have started a business, only I've done 80% of the work in starting it, I'm the brains behind it all, and STILL the one doing most of the work. WTH??? I have 2 kids and a baby to take care of!!!!

I think that most of it lies in this disease, but a lot of it has to do with the fact that he just plain doesn't like to work, and in your words, this is not what I signed up for.

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
.....As it turned out, I now have one less "child" to take care of....
L
It totally does feels like I have another child, only this one isn't so cute.

Tigger - I'm also a Christian and am trying to follow the Lord on this. It's so hard. I have also always believed in staying together. I'm trying to find acceptance and hope in all of this. I don't know what will become of us, but I want things to work out. He is a loving father, not abusive at all.

THANK YOU ALL for your support!!!