View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ChangeGonnaCome

Thanks so much, Tyler. I've made it through my first day and working on my second one. To be honest, I'm not craving it as badly as I thought I would, yet. I'm thinking a little appetite loss may be a good thing at this point. lol The sleep has been an issue for about a year. I take ambien at bedtime to help with that. I have some xanax that was prescribed back in Aug. when I was having some major anxiety issues at work. I took one yesterday when we had a big family get together and it seemed to help my anxiousness of not toking. I was moody and irritable initially, but have been that way for at least the last 6 months, much more so than usual. Hoping that will improve as my system cleans up. Been keeping busy with family and friends and will be starting school on the 11th. Today, however, I'll be by myself @ home. Hubby is working, kids left for the beach with their aunt, I'm off work for the holidays until Sunday. Tomorrow, gonna go visit my bff and stay until Thurs. She is a smoker too, but I was the one who would take it to her. Haven't taken any to her for months, so I know there won't be any there. Thank goodness! I have a friend/co-worker who recently celebrated his first year weed free. I emailed him for some moral support as well. He has offered to take me to a meeting should I decide I want to go. I'm extremely emotional and have broken down and balled my eyes out each time I talk about this with my husband. He's supportive, but I can tell it's sort of awkward for him. He was a casual smoker and quit several months ago. My family doesn't know I do it and I'm not comfortable sharing it with them. I've read the 12 steps and I'm not sure that's going to be the route for me. I'm not sure of anything really except that I need to do this to improve the quality of my life and reach goals that I've always put off and ignored to be able to catch that next buzz. I want to feel genuine emotions again, I want to feel what a natural high is like again, I want to like me again. When I took my last few tokes the other night, I gathered everything related to it, cleaned the ashes, stems, seeds out of the drawer I kept it in, washed it out, bagged up all the stuff and handed it to my hubby and asked him to take it to the dump with the trash. I feel "safer" not having the pipes, etc. laying around. There's a bit of weight that has lifted off of my heart in doing that. I really think this is going to work. I'm really glad to have found this site and support. Thank you so much for "listening" and thanks to everyone for your support. It is so very much appreciated! (((((HUGS))))