View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Horselover

Just want to thank the Mods on here.

I think the moderators on SR deserve a thank you. They do an outstanding job and try their hardest to make this place comfortable for the people that come here feeling very raw and vulnerable. There all sorts of people with all sorts of addictions and we have one common goal which is to become well and whole. Its got to be nearly impossible to address everyone's needs I think, BUT they try and they do it the best I have ever seen on an internet site.

I remember coming here the first day and all I wanted was to find a place to belong. I needed understanding and guidance. I was hyper sensitive and still am to an extent, but I am getting better in that department. I would read threads and think this was it. This was a place I could belong and I could find answers. These people are like me and I can access this site any time of day 24-7! What a concept!!

I didn't realize the effort that was involved in keeping SR a safe haven and sometimes unpopular decisions have to be made for the benefit of the "newcomer." Thank God for people that can stand up to unpopular demands and make the decisions that they believe will benefit the person that is first visiting SR and reading through the forums. I NEVER would have become sober without this place.

I thank you one and all!! Happy holidays to you all and THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! Hugs - Sarah xxx