Thread: BlewDay7
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
a fallen man

hang in there dedub......i tend to be a glass half full personality (hopefully not a glass half full of vodka...lol) and i look positively in the fact that you do feel remorse about it. that tells me that deep, deep down you really don't want to drink.

it's easy to get caught up in the moment when others are drinking responsibly and from what you described you drank 'responsibly'. you weren't hungover or hurling. yet you still feel bad about doing it the next day. not because of what you became when you drank the 2 glasses. but because of what you know to be your history.

at least if it's anything like my history. eventually with me the 2 glasses of wine will eventually turn back into the 16-20 ounces of vodka per night. i would love to be able to drink a couple glasses of wine on special occasions. when i was a younger man i could. for whatever reason...i can't do that anymore. i don't turn into insta-alky but my past doesn't lie.

everyone on this site is at 'their' own level. you keep plugging amigo. i see in you a desire to not drink or there wouldn't be remorse.