View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Originally Posted by DecBaby View Post
What I find hardest is staying clean. In the past I used my DOC to get through my day. Im lacking the motivation to get things done and the best I can do is take things minute by minute and just get done what I need to in day. Im trying to do things other than the usual mundane everyday tasks like taking my 2 kids with me to get our nails done. My kids are 5 and 3 so I can't just up and do what I want when I feel like it.

Are there any things that you guys do to make getting through your day easier? Any suggestions for a stay at home mom with 2 young kids who doesn't work and is pregnant with the 3rd baby?

A lot of us used our DOC to get through the day, eventually, or at one point or another. I was up so many nights a week, and ALL weekend, nearly every weekend, that I didn't know what to do when I wasn't up smoking crack. I was still UP. Mostly because I was used to it. So I'd get some pretzel sticks and pickles (odd combo I know, but I love the taste and the salt!), get out a book, and read. Maybe, instead of getting nails done, which can be time consuming and expensive, especially with small children, take them to the dollar store to get crayons, paper, pencils, safety sissors, whatever you need for an arts and crafts day. Just get down with them and play too. Kids can keep you extremely busy, when they are young, and I bet even some board games would be fun to play. Candy Land. Sorry. That thing with the pop-o-matic bubble.. I forget what that one is called.
Go to the library and pick out some baby books and teach the little ones about how their new brother or sister is growing.
Movies are great! Popcorn and DVD's. Can never go wrong with that.
When they are napping (and I hope they do, to give you a break), bake something. Even if you don't eat it (I WILL! Send it to me! LOL). It sounds so cliche' I know, but you can do that, or get online and look up stupid stuff like the best of craigslist or peopleofwalmart.com. I LOVE the last one. You will see some of the GOOFIEST photos of people ever!
I also like Ebaums world. Nothing beats looking at the naughty section of Ebay too. If they still have it. You go there and there is a link called "everything else" and there are some bizarre videos, trinkets, toys, etc. Some funny. Some just plain weird.
But all those things are good distractions and the family stuff will bring you closer to your children.
Keep taking it minute by minute. Pat yourself on the back for realizing that and coming here to find things to do. And keep coming back. SR is great for support, but also an excellent distraction!
It will be hard to get motivated, at first. What I did was load up on the bad stuff ( Mountain Dew, donuts, Coca-Cola, sweet tea, pie, cake, anything over the top sugary) to get me going. I don't know if you can do anything like that with a baby?? But maybe a cup of coffee or some sweet tea won't hurt the baby? IDK. Be sure to ask your doctor before loading up on sugar.
:ghug3
I am sure plenty of other people will have some great ideas too! Hope some of them will work for you!

Last edited by Dee74; 12-23-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: edited out site information