View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by scottishmayne View Post
Hey I'm new here.. i read from this site a few times, when I was going through withdrawals.

I had been trying to kick and would keep relapsing on cocaine.. i started when I was 33 and I'm gonna be 35 in Jan. I been clean since 11-12-09 and i still have issues where my mind tells me that I can use again, cause I'm not using everyday like before. only problem is that i have always been a pot smoker so I resorted back to that. the pot i can quit i do that from time to time... the cocaine is a MAJOR problem for me.. I don't ever wanna use cocaine again.

I plan on being on this site for some time..

getting clean is easy... then comes life.
Welcome to SR!! I had the exact opposite problem as you. I could do coke from time to time and never got hooked on it. Now the pot was a major problem that hung on for over 20 years. Caused an amazing ammount of damage in all areas of my life. I've got about 8 months clean from pot and other drugs now and I gotta say, it feels pretty good. There are the days I still crave it, had some using dreams last night in fact. But I just try to stay clean today, right now in the present. If you keep doing it long enough you'll find it to be pretty effective. Take care.