View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

I'm back!!
You got it KP... he made his choice and you get to make yours!! wow you got it so fast. For me it took more than 2000 posts LOL, oh wait, sometimes I still don't get it!! LOL!

Its soooooooooo true that temptations will ALWAYS be there... and it takes huge work to take the best option... but one of melody beattie books says that you can count what DIDNT happen

-you didnt get hiv from him sharing needles (u know alcoholics switch to drugs often)
-you didnt get a std from him cheating
-you are able to use internet and talk to us, when many others cant access it and feel they are alone.
-you didnt have kids and raised them all the way to see them becoming alcoholics or spouses of an alcoholic.
-you get the chance to meet someone who has no addictions and build a great life with them.
-you got the gift of introspection so its easier for you to grow and learn from difficult situations

Also, some "reverse therapy" I read somewhere else.

Go ahead. Reply to him. See him. Have sex with him. Believe him. But I guarantee you you will be posting back, only in more pain and feeling like an idiot. At least that is how I felt everytime I believed I knew better than SR friends, that MY xabf was DIFFERENT, that he WOULDNT be capable of yadda yadda. Its evil dear KP. If you think this is pain wait until you are lied to and manipulated once more. Wait until you are so frustrated and confused you become a raging alcoholic yourself.

This is what a recovered alcoholic told me in AA... "you think this is pain, wait until you get married to him or some other addicted. You do not even know hell. I know this because I was there, and gave hell to my wife and kids who never deserved the trash I was" those were his words, literally...

Stay strong!!! or make mistakes... I made tons and always came back here.... so, just like others were here for me and keep being here: we will be here waiting for your return.