Old 12-20-2009, 03:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Physical effects-v-spirituality

Having described the physical process which affects those who suffer alcohol-ISM I will turn to the question that has been raised,'Where does spirituality come into all this?'

For those who are,'real alcoholics' (see Chap.3,'Alcoholics Anonymous') it is then necessary for the miond to ,'recover' as it is tormentede by the fact that one drink will bring about the sense of ease and comfort that it has, no matter what the circumstances it felt before, we humans repeat success, we do it in our everyday lives all the time, buy the same brands, go to the same shops that have provided a good service. Once a,'real alcoholic' takes a drink its effect is that it instantly makes everything AALLRRIIGGHHTT! It doesn't do that to normal social drinkers, the vicious cycle starts all over again!

So, the alcohol is but a symptom, it's the -ISMS, that are the problem and to deal with them you need to not only learn about but practice spirituality in your everyday life, a good place to start is in the,Big Book' and if, like I did expand on that. Fundemental Buddhism helped me a lot, but each to his own after all, as the Dali Lama says,'Buddhism, is the sciencfe of the mind.'