Thread: Big changes...
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by mmeat View Post
Thanks everyone! I know I can do it. I was thinking about basIam's post-----"I wish I had better news for you, but you are probably going to die from this. Despite every intention you have to stay sober, you will most likely fail."------
I can't help but feel that was a little uncalled for. I've been on SR for a few months and see people who post with stories of ruined lives.....no jobs....on crack/heroin...desperation at it's worst. These people get positive feedback, support and positivity. Just like I do with most everyone replies to my situation( THank you) But to tell me I`m going to likely fail and die! Thanks.
This is kind of how my sponsor would put it and it does not translate well at all from actuallly hearing it to reading it as a post, why not go down to an AA meeting and check out what they are talking about.

If you are an alcoholic, like me, then the fact is, at this present moment in time, you are ****** and you have a very bleak future ahead of you, regardleess of what you believe. If you can accept the severity of your situation, ignore people that try and pat you on the shoulder and tell you it will be ok, and act now on finding a program of recovery then you stand a chance at a happy, joyous and free existence (that's an understatement actually):-)

Have you been to AA? Nothing wrong with going to a counselor too at all...but why not go and check out some meetings as well...another string to your bow right? cos you are serious about this!

One thing that was said is that most do not make it, that does not mean that you have to be one of them...keep in mind most don't die quick as well, they have a miserable ****** up life to look forward to for years...destroying everything and anyone that come into their lives before eventually to the relief of everyone that has known them they die, basically, alone.

So bit of a good news/bad news scenario going on for you, there is a solution but it's up to you how bad you want it! Good luck:-)