View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Asta1

Fortunately my insurance is able to cover the bulk of my counseling since my primary doctor gave a referral. I had an appointment last Wednesday that I missed due to being drunk at the time so I had to pay the full thing out of pocket since I didn't give 24 hour notice. The therapist is OK. This was really only the first full session of "counseling." The first time, we spent a good portion of the time going through paperwork, CYA type of stuff. 8 appointments were approved by insurance. My regular doc said if I didn't get along with her we'd find someone else. Like I said, she seems OK. Hard to tell at this point. It is my first time EVER in therapy/counseling. I have been most of life one of those that thought it was mostly a pile of cr**k.

Mirage, have you hit the month mark yet? Seems like you must have by now. I'm on day 8-at least past a week. :-)

Got ingredients yesterday for baking some holiday cookies to eat & share with neighbors. Going to experiment and try 2 new recipes this year. If they don't turn out, guess we'll have to eat them all ourselves or toss them. We have a little bitty contract post office in our small town and I promised the head guy I would bring him some cookies this year so I better follow thru! My mail might disappear otherwise!!

Tytan, hope you are still on track. So.... proud of you! Keep it up. I know it will be much harder being alone for a while. That's what usually does me in. But I have faith in you. You're a guy, ergo you're much stronger, right?