Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Teke, I could be projecting to much of my situation on to yours but here is what I tell myself daily when it comes to my ex. It goes beyond addiction for him. He is a sick man. He's missing something - mentally.

That's probably how it is with your ex, with 99% of addicts, and with 99% of the guys he is in prison with. His behavior is status quo but there is NOTHING we can do to help them or change them or influence them in anyway. They act according to their animal instincts, their disturbed needs, whatever it takes for them to get by. And they are incapable of truly caring deeply about anyone else but themselves. But they are great manipulators.

Your ex and my ex - they are just sick people. We can't overanalyze them. We will NEVER understand what they are doing or why they are doing it. Sure we may project our thoughts or our understandings on their behavior. But even they don't really understand their behavior. So how can we?

I hope you don't spend too much time worrying about this. It is what it is sweetie-pie. He is a mess. He will always be a mess. And, if ever given a chance, he will try to mess up everyone he knows because that is just what he does.

(((hugs)))

I don't know you. I don't know your ex. But I see a lot of similarities... ;-) It could just be me projecting though. So forgive me if I am way off base.

You are doing great.