Old 12-16-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
UniversesChild

Wow, thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement and experiences (and hugs, especially).

To answer some of your questions:

I've been on step 3 for at least a month now, kind of stuck on it because I haven't had a real sponsor until the other day. She suggested I start over with step 1 and do a timeline, to be sure I'm really doing the steps thoroughly. I've known for a while that I need to get serious about the steps, but everything seemed to be going just fine, and I was kind of worried about getting too gung-ho at the beginning and then losing interest as we alkies tend to do. Or maybe I was procrastinating...

I haven't been exercising at all lately, so I know that's not been helping either (although I did get on the treadmill this a.m. though and plan to keep that up, incorporating some yoga/pilates)

Sleeping has been okay, but interrupted every night at about 3am because of partner's loud snoring. Am looking into addressing that. We're going to start recording him and then go to a Dr. once he realizes how bad it is.

As far as eating, I'm actually doing better on that than I ever did before, although I probably should get back on the vitamins I was taking the first few weeks of sobriety. I hardly ate anything when I was drinking. I have a bit of a sweet tooth lately, but I'm also getting lots of dairy, lean protein and some veggies.

I always share at meetings, and plan to go tonight and share what's been going on with me lately. There's lots of support in my community meetings, which is great, especially given that I live in the middle of nowhere and spend most days alone. PS-not drinking is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be, especially after those first couple of weeks. (I was about a six-to-12-pack-a-day drinker.)

And yes, I will try to also incorporate meditation into my routine as well.

Thank you all again for your care and support. I got home today and saw your messages and just broke into tears of gratitude for that.