View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forever4you

The disease did it and not me....

Ok my SR friends I need some help with perspective on this one.

Got a letter today from XAH who is in recovery and currently living in a Recovery House following 30 days inpatient treatment. This was his third trip to rehab but this time nobody allowed him to come home so he currently lives in a recovery house.

Anyway the letter is all about how much he still loves me and how much he regrets all the hurt he caused me, his family, everyone blah, blah, blah. Then he goes on to say that he now understands it was not him that did all those horrible things but his disease.

I realize the disease issues has been debated many times and I have tried to read and study on as much of both sides of the issues as I can. I'm not sure I have an opinion either way yet. Or at least I didn't think I did. But having been the receiver of all those horrible things he did I am not taking to kindly to hear him say "he has learned" that the diseases did those things and not him. That sounds like a cop out to me. That sounds like an excuse or way out of owning up to 12 years of hell. I am just wondering how others feel about that. I guess I am not quite ready to say don't worry about it honey I know it wasn't YOU doing all those things.