Old 12-15-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
perrybucsdad

Sara, do you have a willingness to be sober? Are you willing to do anything to be sober, even if it is just for 24 hours? If yes, than keep reading.

As a father myself, I hate seeing my kids scared, in fear, or in trouble. My kids are not babies, but all in high school. My oldest is not much younger than you I'm sure. Even if I were mad at my kids, if they came to me with something like this, I would help them however I could.

There is only one way to find out the answer to your question. You need to tell your Dad what is going on in your life and what you want to happen. To be honest, even though he lives in a different country, he may already know.

Please let us know what you do and how it turns out. I pray that your burdens may be lightened.

PS... there is no quick fix, but, if you want something now, then look up your local intergroup. I have attached it here to help.... find a meeting and go to one tonight. Not exactly like therapy, but it may be exactly what you need right now. The only thing I will add is just do it, and do what they tell you. Don't just sit there in the back of the room, but put yourself in the center and ask for help and guidance. They will help you. I've been there, I know.

Toronto Intergroup