Thread: In A Funk
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SailorKaren

I'm a part-time staff member at my church, and we are planning to offer the Celebrate Recovery program early next year. The senior pastor has asked all the staff to split into a men's and a women's group and go through the steps so we can experience what it is we are offering to others. How cool is that? The 12-step program came to me! Celebrate Recovery is a complete 12-step process modeled after AA, but with a more explicit Christian emphasis that is designed to be very affirming for Christians. So if your husband is faithfully attending meetings, filling out the workbooks, getting a sponsor, etc., then he is actively working a 12-step program. Will that be enough for you? Only you can answer that question. I think you are wise to be cautious. His process will take time and commitment on his part. You'll need to see repeated examples of him doing the right thing for you to rebuild trust, and he needs to realize that a slip on his part will likely knock the process back to the beginning.