View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:04 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Asta1

Sleeping Habits

Sleeping habits: sometimes during my "extended" sober time I slept better, but later most likely cuz of the short daylight hours. Our cats wake us up around 4:30-5 am and pester us til they get their breakfast. We have spoiled them so bad such that one of us gets up and feeds them and takes a bathroom break. Then we go back to sleep. Otherwise they'd give us no peace. It doesn't work locking them out of the bedroom. They put their little paws under the door and bang away and do their pathetic meows, especially the female (they're both neutered). Sometimes I can't go back to sleep after that. But in general the rest I do get is more "restful." When drinking, like most people, I would wake up after the buzz wore off and then find it really hard to go back to sleep unless I had a nightcap in the middle of the night.

I am not averse to taking an OTC sleeping aid at times. Although sometimes I think they work as well as sugar pills. When I am consistent about working out, then I definitely sleep better but still have the kitty alarm clock issue. They give us so much pleasure and fun, they're worth it tho.