Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

Sara... welcome back btw.

I don't quite know how to say this, but here goes (in the simplest form).

You sound like you want a parent (ie, dad) to care--and (again, not trying to be presumptuous) if you need help, he'll come a running...

I think the same thing... that if I'm bad enough someone in my real life will care enough to actually step forward. If nothing else, I've learned over these last few months that while they'll agree with me (whatever I choose), any saving me is dependent on me. They can give me money, support me openly, but in the end... I'm grown. On my own. If I want something, I have to go get it. Whether it's the daily paper, a pound of spinach, or sobriety, doesn't matter... I'm on my own now.

Essentially, I'm an orphan... not literally, but in the end, it's kind of the same. I gotta do for me or it does not get done. I get the impression (for different reasons maybe) you might be in similar circumstances.

Do for yourself... Sara, ask yourself this: do you like how you're living?

Rehab, AA, other stuff, nothing will work if the answer is yes--or if it's a blase yes.

I mean no offense. I'm just saying that if his method of being your parent was to throw money at you, that's unlikely to change. Like someone mentioned above, some generations weren't taught the same as others... it's not really gonna change, much as sometimes we'd like it to. You can change, though, either your behavior, or your attitude towards your situation. He might see you change and change himself... who knows? But your priority has to be taking care of you. And I'm not talking about the money side of things...

Life sucks sometimes, sugar, you just gotta get through it... find something worth doing--worthwhile in *your* opinion, not what someone tells you.
Take care of yourself now.
TB

PS/ Oh, and you are worth saving... if you think about it, from *your* perspective, you're the main thing... anything/everything else comes afterwards. Don't know where all you can go, you probably don't either... but isn't it worth it to maybe have some real fun/ real effect later on? Just something to think about.

PPS sorry this was so long.