View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Asta1

Tytan, Where is London, ERG? HeHe. (I do get it-it is a comment, but it sort of looked like London in the country of Erg.) Congrats on the uncle thing! Are large families common in your family? 5 kids -- that's a LOT!

Finished my client newsletter today, labeled all the envelopes and signed all the cards, sealed and stamped them. My behind is sore from sitting in the same place all day, but I really wanted to get them done. Will go in the mail tomorrow along with family cards.

VC-Isn't the snow at least pretty? I grew up for the most part in Rockford IL which is a ways west of Chicago. I always loved the new snow, unless I had to go out and drive in it. Then it would get all dirty and quickly lost its charm. Can certainly understand the holiday blues being away from most family. Have you made any holiday cookies or anything yet? That usually cheers me up a bit, and my neighbors too since I never want to keep too many goodies in the house. I have a cute recipe for snowmen cookies. They're a butter cooky shaped into 3 balls for the snowman, then baked. Then you stick on a little choc chip "hat" with some icing from a tube, put in some icing buttons, eyes, etc. They are so cute and everyone loves them. Then of course there are bourban balls but I better not make them this year or any in the near future. I'll have to think of a non alcoholic substitute that's not too sweet. You make them with pulverized choc wafers, among other things. No baking required and they're quite good.

If you aren't a good / or at least somewhat cheerful girl, Santa may not come! Aren't you going to at lease xch a small present with dude? Did I ever tell you about the year (2 or 3 years ago) I got Hello Kitty pjs from my husband for xmas, and that was ALL!! I gave him a GPS the same year. I'll never, ever let him forget that! That story should give you a laugh anyway, I hope!!