View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Steppen51

Day 3 Hangin in there!

Hi Everyone,
I'm doing this one day at a time but I'm also trying to get myself in the mindframe of a person who does not drink alchohol. I quit smoking for a year, then started up again for about a month and a half, I'm quit now again for over a month. I had to think of myself as a non smoker and learn how to get past evey trigger. Mind you I'm 58 and before these quits (on Chantix) I could never quit for more than a day since I was around 13 years old. Sleep is tough but have some presciption sleep aid I took over double the dose last night so did get some sleep and wasn't restless. The night before I had the TV or my blackberry going all night. A watershed moment for me was last June when my 84 year old alcholic mother died from an esophageal bleed. My sister found her on the floor in a pool of stinking blood. The Cornorer told me when she died she had a blood alchohol level of 3.0. My wife God bless her has stage four breast cancer, even though she is doing great and in remission I know my after happy hour delerium causes her anxiety and can't be helping her overall well being. Sometimes I do spacey stupid stuff and get her really upset. 5:00 everyday I'd start on my half a fifth of Seagrams 7, well I usually had another couple bottles stashed in case the 1/2 wasn't enough which was usually the case. Just don't want to be that shakey, smelly, red eyed guy anymore.............I pray I can do this!!! [/SIZE]