View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

Hey now, I just want to remind you that accepting something because it happened does not mean that it is truth. You are worth more on this earth and mean more to many t6han he is capable of seeing. Because he cannot see it does not mean that it does not exist. You can rise above him. He is beneath you.

I believe and have accepted that I held worth to my XABF but not for the reasons I would have wanted.

I wanted him to value my loyalty, my love, and my hardworking and giving natures because these are traits I believe make a true friend and companion.

BUT..

He valued my loyalty because it meant I would put him first over my family and friends. He valued my work ethic because it meant he would not have to work as hard or at all to pay his way in life. He valued my love for him because it meant he could be sweet to me and I forgive his awful treatment of me when he was drunk. He valued my codependence and caretaking because it meant I would support his addiction with my own.

I believe your EX valued you and you did mean something to him, but it was distorted and not really love at all.

Stay by the fire and keep reading. You will feel better soon!

Alice