Thread: 6 months!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tiac26

6 months!

hi everyone! i just reached 6 months sober yesterday ...yay! i'm very happy and can't believe how fast the time has gone. i know we're supposed to take it one day at a time but big benchmarks like this help motivate me and i'm a bit concerned that the next 'big' one is another 6 months away! hopefully the time will fly by. i haven't been overly tempted to drink (some fleeting thoughts every once in a while but they pass pretty quickly) but lately i've been noticing these "triggers" that everyone talks about. i'd never experienced it before so i didn't quite understand... but, the other night i turned the space heater on at my parents' house and all of a sudden..boom.... it was like ok, where's my drink? then i realized i used to sit in front of the space heater and watch tv and drink while i housesat for my parents over the years. a few nights later the movie elf came on and i had the same experience. my college roommate and i must have watched that movie a million times while we were drinking. two totally random things completely unrelated to drinking for most people but they made me want a drink. so now i get it! last time i was having a down day and thinking about drinking i posted something on here and i remember someone said something along the lines of..."i've never woken up and wished that i had drank the night before".. something like that. whoever said that, thank you! whenever i'm tempted to drink, i think about that and it helps me. hope everyone is doing well and having a good holiday season!!