View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
bdiddy5522

Thanks Sphal. I appreciate your kind words from someone who has been there, done that! See you sober again tomorrow!

Midton- Congrats on your sobriety again. I know you will whip this thing. You are a great motivation for all of us!

As for me, I went to my meeting and picked up my 30 day chip. It was great. I am not sure how other meetings do it, but they make it a pretty big deal at ours. One person presents it and talks to the group about us and what we have overcome. Then I get a chance to say anything I want. Everyone claps, etc. Just an amazing feeling.

After the meeting, I volunteered to clean up the coffee pots and stuff. 3 guys followed me out (one of who brought me to my first meeting, and is the one who has cancer) and they said it is time to get a sponsor and start the steps. I said GREAT, how do I start! haha. The guy with cancer had offered to be my sponsor before, but I kind of felt bad asking him to do that since he will be starting his chemo-therapy on January 4th. He said again tonight that he wants to be my sponsor, but to have a back up. Another guy standing there whom I have met quite a few times said "I will be your back-up" So there I was, wanting to get started, but not knowing how or where to start. These guys took the guess work out of it for me, and the first guy said "talk to you tomorrow and we will get started."

So that is that. I will be starting the steps tomorrow as he said he would give me a call. Unbelievable how the power of God works in this program. It has been so easy for me. I have NO idea what I am doing, but people are just taking my hand and guiding me. Someday I will pass this gift on to someone else. This is how the program works.

I guess that is all for tonight. Oh, and my wife called and talked to a lady from Al-anon to see what that is all about. I don't know much about it, and neither does my wife. But my wife is so willing to support me that she will do whatever she can to help. I am not sure she needs it, but she feels like she should be doing something, so she is checking that out. The lady is dropping some stuff off at our house tomorrow for her. Again, AMAZING!!!!!

God bless, and hugs to you ALL!