View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
a fallen man

yes it is debbie....thanks for 'coming out of the closet' as another sep. 8th baby...lol. i knew there was more than me and endzoner. i don't post very often either but this site has truly been a lifeline to me as well.

there are so many things that i find remarkable as a sober person but they don't qualify as monumental things.

today at lunch i had 10 buffalo wings from a r.r. named zaxby's. when i was drinking i wouldn't have thought of trying to eat wings for lunch. they were wonderful. i did fight the post lunch fatigue a bit but that is normal for anyone.

what i didn't fight was a stomach that was in no shape to accept food. i eat breakfast now.

when i was drinking i could not eat breakfast and lunch was very iffy. maybe some soup and bread. by quitting time my body would have recovered and i would be ready to drink again. the early morning promises of never again after vomitting water would change to the afternoon dreams of i can't wait for that first burning hit of vodka.

i honestly don't have those urges at all now. these are simple things....eating food....lol. who thinks of that with wonder??? i do now. it's a small blessing but still a blessing nonetheless.

thanks for telling me your story....i now have you and endzoner that i don't want to let down. haha. i know we do it for ourselves and that is the truth. but it never hurts to have other people to stay right for.

david.