View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
BreakFree

Good Afternoon :)

(((Everyone)))

I'm here. Been crazy busy as usual. I've been sneaking in just long enough to read the posts.

These December days are flying by much faster than I would like. There is so much I want to do with my children between now and Christmas. Christmas crafts and baking, decorating, reading Christmas stories and watching all the movies! :) This past weekend was full of good cheer. We took the kids to the Home Depot Kids Workshop and then we went to a tree farm way out in the country on a mountain top. It was breathtaking and beautiful. A white farmhouse-style cape decorated with white lights and wreaths with red bows greets you as classic Christmas music fills the air. They provide tree sleds and saws for you to cut down your own tree. Each row of trees is marked with a Christmas-themed street sign. Just when it couldn't get any better, the first snow fell from the sky as we made our way back with our tree. It was awesome. It snowed all night and so the next day we all suited up and went out to build an igloo and some snowmen. Since it only snowed a little, we pretty much ran out of snow! LOL So we went on a long walk through the woods. It was gorgeous. The only thing that would have made the day even more perfect is if I wasn't the one who had to cook the yummy waffles we enjoyed when we came in after! :) That afternoon was our town's parade and that was fun. Next weekend we go to ride on The Polar Express and hopefully we'll make it to Santa's Village before Christmas, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to fit it in with all the other usual festivities. The weekdays are just flying by...get up, work all day, make dinner, take care of the kids, sleep, get up and do it all over again...

Do any of you remember those little Christmas suncatchers they used to make when we were kids? You would use tweezers to place little colored crystals into little metal patterns and then bake them in the oven? I can't find them anywhere. They probably banned them as choking hazards :( Darn it...

That's about it on my end. Crazy busy, but good :)